Wellness policy for children
To ensure the health of the other children and Dream Teamers, we ask that sick children and Dream Teamers not attend any childcare event. It is recommended to not attend church is any of the following symptoms are present:
- A fever of over 38 degrees
- Diarrhoea and vomiting – no matter the cause (teething, medication, etc)
- Common cold (from onset through to one week)
- Any symptom of childhood diseases such as scarlet fever, German measles, mumps, chicken pox, whooping cough.
- ·Sore throat, constant cough, croup, flu like symptoms
- ·Coloured mucous (runny nose that is not clear, in the eyes)
- Any unexplained rash
- Any skin infection: boils, ringworm, impetigo, or any open sores that leak fluid or blood
- Any communicable disease
- Pinkeye, redness of the eyes, or any other eye infection
- Lice – including presence of eggs or nits.
If you have any of these symptoms, please stay home from your scheduled time to serve. If you suspect a child is sick during a service, please contact a staff member and they will contact family if needed.
When it is known that children have been exposed to an illness that is easily transferrable, parents and Dream Teamers in the exposure area will be advised