Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
A Time To Honour Mums
Remember Verse: Proverbs 31:28 (NIRV) “Her children stand up and call her blessed. Her husband also rises up, and he praises her.”
What do you love most about your mum? (Or grandma, sister, aunt)
1. What does honour mean?
2. Read together from Ephesians 6:1-3. How can we honour our mums?
3. Read together from John 1:12. How are we all part of God’s family?
- How can you honour a special mum, aunty or sister or special women in your life this week and everyday?
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: Dear God, ank you for our mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunties and friends. ank you that you give us special people in our life to love us and take care of us. We pray that every mother is valued, honoured and cherished today and everyday. In Jesus name, Amen
1. Activity sheet – We Honour Mums
2. Mothers Day Card – Give each child a piece of card. Fold in half and draw a heart shape on the front. Make holes around the outline of the heart.
Get a length of bright coloured wool or string. Thread one end of the wool through the card and use a piece of tape to hold the end down on the inside of the card. (If the wool is hard to thread through, use a little tape around the ends of the wool to make it sturdier to thread.) Criss cross threading the wool to all the holes around the edge of the heart shape. Finish by taping the last end of the wool to the inside of the card.
3. Tissue Paper Flower: https://kidfriendlythingstodo.com/tissue-paper-flowers-for-kids-to-make-with-pipe-cleaners/
4. Memorize It- SHOW the Memory Verse Card, and HAVE kids repeat the verse after you several times. Then, USE the back of the Memory Verse Card to practice the verse as a group.