Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
My choices are an example for others.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIRV Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young. Set an example for the believers in what you say and in how you
1. What does this Bible verse tell young people to do? Set an
example for others with godly words and choices.
1. When do you think you should set a good example?
Answers will vary.
2. Who do you think is watching the example you set?
Answers will vary.
3. Why do you think we need God’s help to set a good
example for others? Answers will vary.
4. Jesus told us to be salt and light. What do you think it
means to be salt? Setting an example that makes living
God’s way “taste good” to others
5. What do you think it means to be light? Setting an
example that shows others God’s way and what He’s like
6. What examples aren’t salt or light? Answers will vary.
Choose an action step question:
1. Name some places where you can set a good example this
week. Answers will vary.
2. How will you set a good example at the places you
named? Answers will vary. See Salt and Light activity sheet
for ideas if needed.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this:Lord, please help me to set an example for others that shows how good You are. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Making it Stick – ‘Salt and Light’ You’ll Need: Salt shaker, Mini flashlight, Salt and Light activity sheet, Markers. To Do: 1. Show kids the salt shaker and the flashlight. Say: When you’re salt and light, you show everyone how good
God is, and how good it is to follow Him! When you hold the
salt and the light, tell everyone in the group one way you can be
salt and light. 2. Give each kid a Salt and Light activity sheet to color while
they wait for their turn. 3. Hand the flashlight and salt shaker to one kid. 4. The kid reads out loud one thing from the activity sheet that will best help them to be salt and light.
2. Family Challenge ‘Be a Leader Obstacle Course’ see sheet attached.
3. Cooking Challenge: Make salty caramel popcorn with your family. https://cookiesandcups.com/salted-caramel-popcorn/