Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
Be wise. Choose God’s way!
Proverbs 3:6 NLT Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to
1. This verse promises that God will tell us which path to take. What does that mean? God will help you make the
right choices to follow the plan He has for your life.
1. What is wisdom? Choosing God’s way over your own
2. Why is God’s way better for us than our own ways? He is greater than us. He made us, the whole world, and knows everything about the past, present, and future!
3. What does growing in wisdom look like? Making right choices, knowing what to do in tough situations, looking for God’s way when you don’t know what to do, etc.
4. If you said someone was really wise, what would they be like? Thoughtful, a good decision maker, thinks before they act, teachable, listener, considers consequences, etc.
5. The Bible story tells us that a house built on solid rock is stronger. What can you build your choices on so that
your life is stronger? God’s way, Jesus’ teaching
1. 1. What can you do this week to find out what God’s way is? Study the Bible, do the things I learn in church, pray with friends, family, and on my own, etc.
2. What will you do this week to grow in wisdom? Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank You for helping us follow Your ways and not our own. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Making it Stick ‘Bible‘- You’ll Need: Bible Pattern activity sheet, Stapler,Scissors,
Markers. The best place to find wisdom is in God’s Word, the Bible. Let’s make a mini Bible to keep in our pockets so we
can find wisdom every time we need it! STEPS: 1. Use the Bible Pattern activity sheet, cut the sheet only on the solid lines. 2. Stack the pages on top of each other. The page with the Bible picture goes on top of the stack. 3. Fold the stacks in half on the dotted line. The page with the Bible picture should still be on top. 4. Staple the Bible on the fold. 5. Decorate pocket Bible.
Ask: Pick a verse from your pocket Bible. What does it show you about wisdom? How will you use your mini Bible to get wisdom?
2. Family Challenge ‘Choosing God’s Way’: See details attached.
3. Lego Challenge: Create something using the Lego that reminds you, God will tell us which path to take.