Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
God’s love forgives.
Colossians 3:13 NLT
… Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must
1. Why should we forgive others? Because God
forgave us, first
1. Why do you think forgiveness shows God’s love? Answers will vary.
2. When you forgive, which is more important: letting
go of anger or getting even? Letting go of anger
3. If you hold onto anger instead of forgiving, what
kind of attitude do you think you will start to
show? Answers will vary.
4. What if someone isn’t sorry, or you’ll never, ever
see them again. How do you think it will help you
to forgive them? Answers will vary.
5. In the Bible story we saw, why did the king throw the first servant into prison? The servant refused
1. What can you do this week to show others that
God’s love forgives? Answers will vary.
2. What can you do if someone hurts you, but you really, really don’t want to forgive them? Pray, read about forgiveness in the Bible, ask God to do good things for the person who hurt you, etc.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, please help us forgive every time we get hurt or feel angry so others will know what Your love is like. In Jesus’ name, amen.
1. Bound Up! Game- You’ll Need; Roll of yarn (1 per group) To Do Say: Let’s see what happens if we hold onto hurt instead of showing God’s love and forgiving.
1. The first kid says a hurtful thing someone did, holds
the end of the yarn, and tosses the roll to another kid.
2. The next kid says a hurtful thing someone did and
tosses the roll without letting go of the yarn.
3. Repeat so all kids get a turn and a yarn web is made.
Say: Now, don’t let go! Keep holding the yarn and give
your neighbor a double high five and shake their hand!
4. Kids try to do what you said without letting go.
Say: It’s hard to show God’s love when you’re holding
onto unforgiveness. Let’s forgive and let these hurts go!
5. Count to three, drop the twine, and start high fiving
and hand shaking.
6. Kids reroll the yarn into a ball as you count to 100.
7. If time allows, repeat the game with kids picking the
action to try to do at the end.
2. CHALLENGE Sheet– Complete the challenge sheet and learn the BIg Point and Memery Verse to earn points towards the prize shop.