Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
I will think before I follow.
Matthew 15:14 NIRV “… If a blind person leads another who is blind, both of them will fall into a pit.”
What does this Bible verse mean? If someone who
doesn’t know God’s way follows someone else who doesn’t
know God’s way, they’ll both wind up in a bad situation.
1. Who is always the best example to follow? Jesus
2. How can you tell if you should follow someone else’s example? Know what the Bible says, think, pray, ask yourself if they’re doing something Jesus would do, etc.
3. How can godly examples help you? Answers will vary.
4. How can bad examples hurt you? Answers will vary.
5. Think about the Bible story. What would have
happened if King Rehoboam followed good advice,
instead? Answers will vary.
6. What do you think you should do if one of your friends is setting a bad example? Answers will vary, but steer kids toward loving their friend without copying them.
Choose an action step question:
1. Name some people you know who set godly examples for you. Answers will vary.
2. What are some things you can do this week to remind you to think before you follow someone else’s example? Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: Jesus, thank You for leading us. Please give us wisdom in choosing which examples we follow and learn from. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Making it Stick :LEAD and FOLLOW You’ll Need– Use your Follow Flip Card to vote on which examples are good to follow and which ones aren’t. Note: Godly choices to follow are in bold italics.
- Showing kindness to others
- Throwing fits
Doing things that aren’t safe
- Thinking before following someone’s example
Making fun of people Spending time with God
Respecting leaders Talking about things they shouldn’t
Giving people what they need
- Looking for ways to love others
Not participating when they’re supposed to
- Doing things without permission
- Being kind to animals
Being happy for other people
- Treating others fairly
Not forgiving and holding a grudge
- Leaving people out
- Obeying leaders
Singing songs that show love to God Saying bad words
2. Family Challenge ‘FIND, THINK, FOLLOW DIY Game’ see sheet attached.
3. Lego Challenge: Create the bible story from today.