Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
1 John 5:14 NIV This is the confidence we have in approaching God:
that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
When I P.R.A.Y., I ASK God what He wants for me.
1. What noises bother you the most?
2. If you were Emily, what would you have done when you
heard the beep?
3. If you made up a robot lullaby, what would it sound like?
1. What happened to Emily when she tried to solve the beep
problem without asking God or anyone else for help? She
got stressed out and couldn’t think about anything else. She
could not solve the problem on her own.
2. What happened when Emily finally asked God for help and
waited for Him to answer? God helped Emily calm down,
take care of herself, and find out why the beep was
important instead of being frustrated by it.
3. Why did the evil judge finally help the persistent widow? The
widow asked him for help everyday and would not give up.
He didn’t want to listen to her anymore, so he helped her.
4. How is God different from the evil judge? God does not
answer your prayers to get you stop asking Him. God
answers the questions of your heart and helps you because
He loves you and wants to hear your voice.
1. Share something that has made you worried, stressed out,
or angry. What questions can you ask God about it? I can
ask Him to give me peace. I can ask to Him to show me
what to do. I can ask Him to help me understand what is
2. What will you do to get help from God and hear His answer
in your heart? I will ask God to answer me. I will read my
Bible. I will sit quietly and wait for God. I will ask other
people who really love God and make good choices.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, thank You for listening when we ask You what
You want for us. Thank You for speaking to our hearts and
answering us. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
My Heart Hears God // You’ll Need
• My Heart Hears God activity sheet
1. Explain: God hears you when you pray, but you also need
to ask God what He wants for you. He answers you quietly in
2. Pass 1 My Heart Hears God activity sheet to each child.
3. Read the phrase on the activity sheet together.
4. Ask: What questions do you need God to answer for you?
5. Kids write or draw the questions their heart needs answers
to on the activity sheet.
6. Explain: All of the questions that you wrote on your activity
sheet are prayers you can ask God about. Spend time using
the ears of your heart by talking with other people that love
God, reading the Bible, and even sitting quietly and waiting
for God to talk to your heart.