Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together this Christmas season!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
I Can Believe God
“Thanks be to God for His gift that is too wonderful for words.” 2 Corinthians 9:15
1. In this story, what good news did God send the angel to give Zechariah? (He was going to have a baby)
2. Did Zechariah believe God at first? (No)
3.Why should Zechariah have believed God? (Because God still did what He said He would do. He always does!)
1. Have you ever had a hard time believing that God loves you and has good things for you? Why?
2. What can help you to know that you can believe God?
3. What are some things we can believe about God?
SAY: Even when we can’t see everything that God is doing, we can believe God loves us and wants
what’s best for us!
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, help me to believe You love me and have good plans for my life. I know you can do anything you say you will do, Amen!
1.Memory Verse Cookie Order: You’ll Need– a set of Cookie Verse Cards each. Do- When
you say, “Go,” it’s race to put the Memory Verse in the correct order. The first person to correctly order the Cookie Verse Cards will be the winner.
2. Colouring sheet – I can Believe God!
3.Muffin Tin Toss- To practice what we’ve learned today, we’re going to play a game! DIVIDE kids into two teams, having each team sit side-by-side in a line. CHOOSE one kid from each team to be the team captain, and HAVE the two compete for who goes first by playing “Rock, Paper, Scissors.” SET the jumbo muffin tin a few feet across from the teams.HAVE teams face the tin, and ALLOW the first player from each team to take a turn tossing the snowball into the tin. If the snowball lands in the furthest row, the team gets three points. If it lands on the second row, the team gets
two points, and if the snowball lands in the first row, the team gets one point. KEEP score by using a piece of paper and a pen. After a player has a had a turn, he/she will move to the back of the line and sit down. PLAY one round, allowing kids to keep their eyes open. Then PLAY another round, allowing kids to choose to either close their eyes or turn around backward. CONTINUE playing as time allows. SAY: Great game!
ASK the following questions:
• Was it hard for you to believe that you could get the snowball into the muffin tin on the first round? (No) Why not? (Because you could see the muffin tin)
• Sometimes it’s hard to believe that things can happen, especially when we can’t see! What are some things we can believe about God? (He loves us, hears us, is always with us, will do what He says in the Bible, will forgive us and let us live in Heaven if we believe in Jesus and follow Him)
SAY: Even when we can’t see everything that God is doing, we can believe that God loves us and wants what’s best for us!