It’s Pentecost Sunday, a day where we celebrate the gift of God’s Holy Spirit that empower us to live for God .Designate a time and place to sit together and watch the curriculum
Gather with some snacks and a drink and enjoy God together!
Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and who He is to you ie provider, helper, teacher, friend. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
God’s Holy Spirit gives me power! (show your muscles)
Romans 15:19 .. He has given me the power of the Holy Spirit…!
1. What happened during the story?
2. The Holy Spirit entered like a rushing wind…what is so important about air? It gives us life! We have to breathe…God gives us life, too!
3. Who is the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is our comforter and our best friend. Jesus left His spirit with us when he went to be with the Father to give us power to live like him.
3. How were the disciples lives changed by the Holy Spirit? All our lives are better because of the Holy Spirit. We are wiser and full of so much joy and power because of the spirit that lives within us. The same power that raised Jesus from the grave lives inside of us!
1. What can you do this week to hear the Holy Spirit? Read you bible and pray, then wait and listen. See what He says.
2. The disciples were excited to tell everyone who would listen about Jesus. Who do you tell about Him? Who can you tell this week?
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank you for the gift of your Holy Spirit. Spark your bright flame within me so that I can be on fire for you and live in your power! Amen
Let enjoy some fun creating and playing what we have learnt about God’s Holy Spirit today.
1. Lego Pentecost build
2. Windy Race: Using a straw, see how fast you can blow a ping-pong ball or pom-pom from one side of a room to the other!
3.Balloon Hovercraft: What you will need:balloon, old CD you don’t listen to anymore, craft or super glue, a sports cap from a drinks bottle (the ones you pull up to drink through). Steps 1. Close the sports cap lid and glue the bottom of it over the center of the CD. Make sure it completely covers the hole. Leave it to dry. 2. Blow up the balloon and hold the end so no air escapes. 3. Making sure no air escapes, stretch the end of the balloon over the closed bottle lid. 4. Put the CD hovercraft on a smooth flat surface with the balloon side up. Give it a push, how far does it travel? 4. Now pull open the sports cap lid. As the air escapes from the bottle, give it a push. How far does it travel this time? 5. Try making a few CD hovercrafts and have races with your friends. Explore how using different sizes of balloons on different surfaces affect the performance.