Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
God’s love puts others first.
Ephesians 5:2 NLT Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us …
Whose example of love should we follow? Jesus’
What does sacrifice mean? Giving up something you love to do something you love even more
2. What sacrifices did Jesus make to put us first? He chose to live on earth to show us how to live God’s way, He died on the cross to take the punishment for our sins, etc.
3. What happens to your heart when you choose to follow Jesus? God changes your heart from a heart full of sin to a pure, clean heart that’s friends with Him.
4. When is it difficult for you to put others first? Answers will vary.
5. How do you think following Jesus can help you show God’s love well? Answers will vary.
What is a sacrifice you can make this week to show love to someone else? Answer will vary.
2. What is one thing you can do to live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ?Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
God, thank You for the sacrifices Jesus made to show us Your love. Please help us to follow His example. In Jesus’ name, amen.
1. Prize Hunt – You’ll Need
Rubber bracelet (1 per child)
Plastic egg (1 per child)
Say: We’re going to go on a prize hunt—but when you find a prize, you have to make a sacrifice. Put others first by giving it away instead of keeping it for yourself!
Sit in a circle and place all of the eggs in the center.
Kids to close their eyes.
While kids’ eyes are closed, sneak a rubber bracelet into an egg. Note: For larger groups, sneak rubber bracelets into two or three eggs.
Kids open their eyes and choose an egg.
Count to three, then kids open their eggs.
If a kid finds a prize in their egg, they give it to another kid in the group who does not have a prize yet.
Repeat the game until all kids have only one prize.
If time allows, kids take turns setting up the game by putting their own bracelet in an egg. When the bracelet is found, the kid gets it back.
Choose questions to ask while kids play.
Was it easy for you to sacrifice the prize, or hard? Answers will vary.
Is it easier for you to give up a prize in a game, or to give up something in real life? Answers will vary.
2.. CHALLENGE Sheet– Complete the challenge sheet and learn the BIg Point and Memery Verse to earn points towards the prize shop.