Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
No more stinking sin. It’s time to grow up!
Luke 2:52 NIRV Jesus became wiser and stronger. He also became more and more pleasing to God and to people.
1. Who grew wiser and stronger for God? Jesus
1. What do you think Jesus did to grow wiser and stronger for God? Answers will vary.
2. What do you think you can do to grow wiser and stronger for God? Answers will vary.
3. In the Bible story, why did Jesus stay in the temple? He wanted to learn more about God’s ways.
4. What do you think when someone makes the same wrong choice over and over? Answers will vary.
5. If you choose to sin, will God still love you and forgive you? Yes.
6. What do you think stinks about sin? Answers will vary.
1. What is one sin you can ask God to help you quit this week? Answers will vary.
2. What godly choice can you start doing this week to be more pleasing to God and to people? Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, please help us to follow Jesus’ example and grow wiser and stronger for
You. In Jesus’ name, amen.
QQ1.Make it Stick – You’ll Need- • Good-smelling sticker (1 per child), Bad-smelling sticker, Foam die (1 per group) To Do 1. Each kid sticks 1 good-smelling sticker on their right
hand and 1 bad-smelling sticker on their left hand. Say: This die will tell us if we have to smell something disgusting like sin or something sweet like godly choices. 2. A kid rolls the die. 3. For an even number, the kid says a godly choice and everyone smells the good sticker. See ideas below. 4. For an odd number, the kid says a sin and everyone smells their bad sticker. See ideas below. 5. Repeat until all kids have had a turn. 6. If time allows, play again. Godly Choices: Read the Bible, help a friend, do chores with a good attitude, pray, forgive others, etc. Sinful Choices: Rolling eyes, lying, cheating, stealing, hurting others, saying bad words, etc.
1. If you could smell sins, what would you do about it? Answers will vary.
2. What do you think it would be like if everyone stopped sinning? Answers will vary.
2. Family Challenge ‘Mature Me’ see sheet attached.
3. CHALLENGE Sheet– Complete the challenge sheet and learn the Big Point and Memory Verse to earn points towards the prize shop open the first week of March.