Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
When I P.R.A.Y., I need to REPENT.
1 John 1:9 NIV If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will
forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1. Why did Mike’s joke turn out to be mean and hurtful instead
of funny? It was selfish to do something just because he thought it was funny. He didn’t think of how it would keep Alyssa from doing what she needed to do.
2. What did Mike realize he needed to do to repent and have a good relationship with his friends? Mike stopped hiding and took responsibility. Mike asked for forgiveness. Mike got rid of all of the jokes that hurt his friends and only kept jokes that would be funny for everyone.
3. In the Bible story, what did Jesus tell the woman caught in
sin to do? Go, and sin no more.
4. Why is it important to repent from sin when you pray to God? Sin hurts God’s heart and separates your heart from Him. When you repent, He will forgive you, make your heart right, and give you strength to stop sinning.
1. Think of someone that you have hurt. What can you do this
week to make things right with the person you have hurt? I
can talk to God and repent from hurting others. I can ask that person to forgive me. I can stop making hurtful choices.
2. If you make a bad choice this week, what will you do to repent? I will ask God to forgive me. I will ask God to make me strong to stop doing the bad choice. I will try my best to stop doing the bad choice. I will ask God what the good choice is instead of doing the bad choice.
Pray this: Dear God, please show me each day the things that I have done that are not pleasing to you. AMEN
have done that are not pleasing to God. Examples: I am mean to a sibling, I have trouble obeying my parents right away, etc. 4. Kids write one sin they want to repent from on each paper. 5. Kids crumple their sheets into small balls. 6. Kids throw the crumpled papers into the waste baskets at the front of your room. Note: All children can do this at once, or you may stagger it as kids are finished. Make it fun! 7. Then pours all papers into the large bin & locks the lid on. 8. Explain: Once you give a sin to God, He will forgive you and help you be strong enough to stop that sin. Turn away from
the sin and don’t take it back