Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
Eat God’s Word every day.
Matthew 4:4 But Jesus told him, “… ‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
1. Why does Jesus say people can’t live on just bread? Bread feeds your body and keeps it healthy, but your spirit needs God’s truth from the Bible to stay alive and healthy.Add more God.
1.What are some ways to get closer to God each day? Read the Bible, pray, thank God for what He’s done, sing to God, dance for God, think about God, obey God, etc.
2. How do you eat God’s Word? Read what it says, listen to it, learn from it, and obey it.
3. What happens if you don’t read God’s Word every day? Your spirit gets weaker, you get far away from God, and it gets easier to go back to your bad, selfish, sinful ways.
4. What happens if you read God’s Word every day? Your spirit gets stronger, you get closer to God, and it gets easier to
live God’s way.
5. What if you read the Bible, and you don’t understand it. What can you do? Ask a grown-up to help you, pray and ask
God to help you understand, talk about what you read with someone else, etc.
1. What will you do this week to make sure you eat God’s Word every day? Ask someone to help me remember, make
a schedule so I know when to do it, get up earlier, make sure I read before I go to sleep, etc.
2. Which Bible will you read this week: The YouVersion Bible App, The Bible App for Kids, a book Bible, or all three? Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank You so much for
giving us Your Word to keep our spirits strong and healthy. Please give us understanding as we read the Bible, and help us to obey what it says. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Training Activity: Supplies- Bible Plan Word Search activity sheet, Markers To Do –
1. Say the Point together. I know a GREAT way to eat a delicious bite of God’s Word
every day! Can you guess what it is? 2. Kids guess. Good guesses! One way to eat God’s Word every day is by choosing a You Version Bible Plan to read. That way, you can eat God’s Word on a phone, a tablet, and even on a computer. There are a lot of Bible Plans for kids to read. Let’s do a
word search to see what some of them are.
5. Give kids a Bible Plan Word Search activity sheet, use markers to circle the Bible Plans they find. 6. Colour and decorate word search. If time allows, look up the Bible Plans on a mobile device.
2. DIY Family snack Jar – See details attached.
3. Lego Challenge: Create a loaf of bread or a sandwich with lego.
4. Head over to the challenge page and complete the task with family to earn more points!