Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
Be wise. Learn from mistakes!
Proverbs 19:20 NLT Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life.
1. How can you get advice and instruction? Ask wise people for it, study the Bible, pray, learn from your own mistakes and the mistakes of others, etc.
1. What is wisdom? Choosing God’s way over your own
2. Talk about a mistake someone else made that you learned from. Answers will vary.
3. When is making a mistake a good thing? When you learn from it and try not to make it again.
4. When you choose to make the same mistake or wrong choice over and over, what does that show about you? You’re acting foolish, and you’re not learning from your mistakes like a wise person does.
5. Think about the Bible story. When Joshua made a huge mistake, what did He learn? Ask God first before making a decision.
Choose an action step question:
1. What will you do this week when you make a mistake? Learn from it; ask God to help me make a better choice next time; etc.
2. What will you do this week to get more advice and instruction? Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, thank You for
loving us and teaching us even when we make mistakes. Please help us to learn from them! In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Making it Stick :You’ll Need– Opaque cup, Flower bud To Do– This game is a quest to find a hidden flower. You’ll have to learn from everyone’s mistakes to find it.
Steps 1. Place one cup upside down in front of each person. 2. Turn around and close eyes. 3. Secretly hide the flower under one cup. Say Open your eyes, and begin your quest! 4. The first person asks someone, “Do you have the flower?” 5. The person they asked picks up their cup for group to see: If flower is revealed, celebrate and play again. If the flower isn’t under the cup, a different person takes a turn to try to find the flower. 6. Play until quest is completed by finding the flower.
2. Family Challenge ‘Learn from mistakes DIY game’ see sheet attached.
3. Lego Challenge: Create something that reminds you to, “Pause, Think, Pray!“