Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
I R.O.B. fear of its power when I believe God will help me.
Isaiah 41:13 NIV “… The Lord your God … says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
- Why don’t you need to be afraid? God will help you do the things He’s asked you to do.
- What’s something you’re afraid to try again because you messed up the first time? Answers will vary
- When you ask for God’s help to do something hard, what are some ways God might help you? He might give you ideas to do a good job, He might give you people to help you, He might help you to be strong enough not to give up, etc.
- If you try something and it doesn’t work out, what will you do to rob fear of its power and be brave enough to try again? Remember God’s truth and say the Bible verse out loud. Pray God will help you, then try again.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: GOD, PLEASE REMIND US THAT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES WE MESS UP, YOU’RE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP US TRY AGAIN. IN JESUS’ NAME, AMEN!
1. Challenge Card – Family Post a Pic!
2. Origami Talking Dogs – Materials needed: 2 sheets of origami paper each. With the first sheet try and make the exact same talking dog I made without looking at the instructions. That was impossible unless you know how to do origami wasn’t it! I asked you to do something that was really hard. But God asks us to do a lot of things that are really hard, too. What should we do when we’re afraid we can’t do the things God wants us to do? Ask for God’s help, and do it. Ok, since God helps us, I’ll help you kids out, too. Now you can look at he the instruction sheet to help you. Look! When I helped you, you could make the talking dog! It reminds me of our Verse. “I ROB fear of its power when I believe God will help me. Decorate the dogs and make them talk and say the verse. “I ROB fear of its power when I believe God will help me!
3. Games – Yes and No Game, children must answer a series of questions without answering yes or no. Once they say one of these words they are out of the game.
4. Craft – iCan box, decorate a box with sequins, stickers, glitter and things name it the iCan box inside put some different verses we have been learning over past weeks on slips of paper and when needed pull one out to remind you whenever you feel you cant do something that God will help you!