Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
- I am chosen because God chose me.
Memory Verse: Ephesians 1:4 NLT Even before He made the World, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy without fault in His eyes.
Who chose us before this world was made?
- What’s the best way to find out the truth about who you are? Choose to follow Jesus, get to know God, and believe what He says about you.
- In the Bible story, how did Jesus treat Matthew differently? Jesus chose Matthew to be his friend and follower instead of disliking and rejecting him.
- Do you ever feel like no one want to choose you? What makes you feel that way?
- God chose us to be holy and without fault in His eyes when we follow Jesus. What does that mean to you?
- God chose you. What does that make you think about yourself?
- Share a time when you felt left out. What do you think you can do when you feel that way?
- Think of someone you know who feels left out. What can you do this week to show them God chooses them?
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: Dear God, Thank you for choosing us in Jesus Christ to be forgiven and special to you. Please show us we matter, In Jesus’ name, Amen
Print out the True and Trash activity sheet and have the kids cut out each of the cards. Place the cards into a paper bag. Go through the cards one by one and ask them to read the card aloud, get them to choose if they are truth (hold them to their heart as a reminder of how important they are to God) or if they are a lie (pretend to throw the card in the bin).
The children may decide to stick the truth cards somewhere that they pass often like their cupboard door or have them beside their bed. These cards are a perfect reminder of the truths Gods says about us and can be a useful tool in reminding children their uniqueness and worth.