Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
I Can Celebrate Jesus
“Thanks be to God for His gift that is too wonderful for words.” 2 Corinthians 9:15
1. What did the angel tell Mary would happen? (She would have a special baby, God’s Son)
2. What did the shepherds do when they heard the news about Jesus’ birth? (They went to Bethlehem to see Him)
3. Who else traveled to celebrate Jesus? (The Wise Men)
4. Why do you think Jesus’ birth was such a big deal? (Because He was God’s Son, God sent Him to fix our friendship with God so we can be forgiven and live in heaven one day)
SAY: Yes! Jesus was born to fix our friendship with God, making Him the most wonderful gift ever! That’s why we can celebrate Jesus!
GENERATE FURTHER DISCUSSION:
1. What is a tradition your family has for celebrating Christmas?
2. What would you say to a friend who asks why you celebrate Jesus at Christmas?
3. What makes Jesus the most wonderful gift you could receive?
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank you that we can celebrate Jesus with our family this Christmas. Help us to remember when we get gifts this Christmas that God’s sent us Jesus the best gift of all AMEN!
1.BINGO– PLACE Bingo Pieces, picture-side down, in a pile in the middle of the group. DRAW a Bingo Piece, SHOW it to the group, and ALLOW kids to place a counter on that square of their Bingo Card. Then READ the question from the back of the Bingo Piece aloud to the group. PLAY until someone has gotten Bingo. It is OK for multiple kids to win at the same time. Once the game is over, COLLECT the Bingo Cards and Bingo counters.
SAY: This game helped us to see why we celebrate Jesus and different ways we
can celebrate Him! Let’s say that together again:
I Can Celebrate Jesus
2. Colouring sheet – God Has A Plan
3. PLAY “Would You Rather” by asking the following questions:
– Would you rather be an elf in Santa’s workshop OR a reindeer for Santa’s sleigh?
– Would you rather be a snowman OR a polar bear?
– Would you rather only eat candy canes OR only eat Christmas cookies?
– Would you rather have colored Christmas tree lights OR white Christmas tree lights?
– Would you rather build a gingerbread house OR decorate a Christmas tree?
– Would you rather celebrate Christmas with the Grinch OR Frosty the Snowman?
– Would you rather have cookies and milk OR hot chocolate?