Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
When I P.R.A.Y., I start with PRAISE.
Luke 4:8 NIV… “‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’”
PSALM 100:4 NIV Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts
with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
- If you made a praise box, what would it say?
- How do you feel when no one tells you thank you?
- Why didn’t anyone like Clint’s first praise box? It was selfish for Clint to want all the praise for himself and to make everyone listen to it all the time!
- Why did Clint get upset and make a box that told him thank you? He felt as if no one appreciated what he did for them.
- Why is it important to praise God when you pray? Praising God shows you respect how great He is and shows you are thankful for what He has done. Praising God reminds your heart that every good thing is from God.
- How will it help other people when you praise God? Other people will recognize that all good things come from God. Other people will learn about God’s power and great love when they hear me praising God!
- What are some ways you will praise God this week? Tell God how thankful I am for Him; sing about how great God is; read Bible verses out loud that talk about God; dance for God and be happy with Him; help others to tell God, “Thank you for helping me first.”
- Share one great thing you have done. Praise God for it!
- Some people don’t know that good things come from God. Name someone you can teach about praising God so they can learn about God’s goodness.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, thank you that you love me and that I can praise you! AMEN
\\\1.Make it Stick Watch: Shout Out to God-You’ll Need; Poster card, cut shapes, Markers, Glue sticks. Do: 1. Explain: We are making a poster to show what you can say to praise God. 2.Write the word “GOD” on one die cut and glue it to the center of the poster. Give three cut shapes to each child. 3.Kids write something they love about God on the die cuts. Examples: God is strong, God loves us all, God made an amazing world for us to live in, God gave us Jesus. 4.Young children may draw instead of writing out praises. 5. Kids glue the praises onto the poster board around the “God” die cut. 6. Read out loud the praises the children have written. Note: Kids can read or explain the praises they wrote. . Ask: Which praises have you said to God when you pray?