Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
Lots of things are fun, but God is number one!
Memory Verse:Psalm 103:1 NLT … Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
- What do you think it means to praise God with your whole heart?
- In the Bible story, how did Solomon use caring about worship to bring glory to God? He built a temple people could visit to worship God.
- At Konnect HQ, Imani didn’t know what she really cared about. What advice would you give her?
- What do you think would happen if everyone cared about the same thing?
- What do you think the difference between something you like a lot and something God made you care about?
- How can you show respect to people who care about different things to you?
- Think about what you care about. Name one thing you can do this week about it.
- If you care about lots of things, what can you do to find out which one God made you to do something about?
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, You’re the best, You’re more important than anything else. Please help us put You first and worship You only. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
You will need a plastic cup, a marker, a blank label and the activity supplement sheet.
King Solomon built a temple because he cared about worship! What can we build with the things we care about?
On your label write down or draw what you most care about. If you are at home get the kids to choose 4 or 5 things that they care about and put them onto the label.
As a group get the children to build a pyramid with the cups, they were able to build something with what they care about.
- If we all cared about the same thing, we’d only need one cup. What kind of tower would that turn out to be?
- What do you think happens when people use what they care about to bring God glory?