Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
Add more God. Subtract more me.
John 3:30 NLT He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.
- Who must be added? God
- What needs to be subtracted? The things that distract you from God.
1. What are some ways to get closer to God each day? Read
the Bible, pray, thank God for what He’s done, sing to God,
dance for God, think about God, obey God, etc.
2. Is spending time alone with God the same as time out?
Why not? No. In time out, you think about yourself, and what
you did wrong. Time with God means talking with Him,
relaxing with Him, and becoming better friends with Him.
3. What is a distraction? Anything that keeps you from
spending time with God
4. Why do distractions make it hard to follow Jesus? You
can’t think about living like Jesus when your mind is thinking
5. Why will God help you get rid of distractions when you
try to spend more time with Him? God loves you and wants
to spend time with you.
1. This week, how will you show God He’s more important
to you than distractions? Answers will vary.
2. What distraction are you going to get rid of this week so
you can follow Jesus better? Answers will vary.
3. If something keeps distracting you, what can you do to get rid of it? Ask a friend to help me, pray and ask God to
help me spend time with Him instead, go somewhere I won’t
be distracted, etc.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank You for showing me what things are distracting me from You. Please help me to get rid of them, so I can grow closer to You and live more like Jesus. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Training Activity: You’ll Need– Jesus face, strips of paper scrunch into paper balls . Activity-When we first choose to follow Jesus, we’re really excited about our friendship with Him! But if we don’t keep training our spirits to spend time with Jesus, we can get distracted! Cover the picture of Jesus with the ball of paper. See of you can throw them and hit the target. It’s hard to follow Jesus when distractions are in the way. Let’s get rid of the distractions! Think of things that might distract you from spending time with Jesus. Examples: Hungry, Read comic books, play sports, hang out with friends, tired, video games, angry, watch videos, sleep in, worry, play on tablet, etc. When you share or think of ways, remove ball of paper and write the distraction on the paper and ask the Holy Spirit to help you no to be detracted. Repeat until you can see Jesus again. When you get rid of the distractions, you subtract yourself. To keep distractions away, you’ve got to add more God. Ask: How can you add more time with God? Read a Bible Plan, memorize the Verse, sing to God, play godly music, think about God, get alone and pray, pray in a group, etc.
2. Family Challenge ‘Checklist Challenge’: See details attached.
3. Lego Challenge: Create something using the Lego that reminds you to