Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Reflect on that during worship and speak it out to God.
Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
Love Pure! Love the way God does.
John 13:35 NIRV ‘If you love one another, everyone will know you are my disciples.’
1.If we love others God’s way, what will people notice about us? We are Jesus’ disciples.
1. What does pure mean? Clean, with nothing mixed in
2. What kind of love shows we follow Jesus: pure love or selfish love? Pure love
3. What do you think is the difference between pure love and selfish love? Answers will vary.
4. If you only love people who make you happy, what kind of love are you showing? Selfish love
5. Think about people you love, and talk about why you love them. Answers will vary.
6. Do you think you love those people with pure love or with selfish love? Answers will vary.
1. Think of a person who needs someone to love them with God’s pure love. Tell your group who it is. Answers will vary.
2. What can you do this week to show that person God’s pure love? Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Dear God, Thank You for loving us purely. Please teach us to love others the same way You do. In Jesus’ name, amen.
1. Application Game– You will need; Cross clapper (1 per child) To Do Say: This game tests to see if you know the difference between selfish love and loving others with pure love. Sit in a circle. Place clappers in the center. Read an item from the Pure Love or Selfish Love list. If it’s pure, kids grab a clapper and shake it. If it’s selfish, don’t grab clappers. Repeat the game until all the choices have been read. If time allows, let kids say their own pure love or selfish love ideas for the group
Say the point and Bible verse together.
Love Pure! Love others the way God does.
John 13:35 NIRV “If you love one another, everyone will know you are my disciples.”
Pure Love List
Be kind to everyone
Obey parents right away
Help those in need, even
people you don’t like
Obey God no matter what
Go to church to learn, teach, and serve
Selfish Love List
• Only help people you like
• Be kind only to friends
• Obey your parents only when you feel like it
• Obey God only if it’s easy
• Only go to church because it’s really fun
2. CHALLENGE Sheet– Complete the challenge sheet and learn the Big Point and Memory Verse to earn points towards the prize shop.