Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
Be wise. Listen to your leaders!
Proverbs 1:8 NLT My child, listen when your father corrects you. Don’t neglect your mother’s instruction.
1. Why does the Bible tell us to listen to our parents? God gave your parents to you as your very first leaders to correct you, teach you, and show you what to do.
1. What is wisdom? Choosing God’s way over your own
2. Share about a time you got some really good advice that kept you out of trouble. Answers will vary.
3. Share a time when you got in trouble with a leader and it taught you a good lesson. Answers will vary.
4. Think about the Bible story. Solomon, Rehoboam’s father, was very wise. Why do you think Rehoboam wasn’t wise? Answers will vary.
5. How can a bad attitude keep you from being wise? It keeps you from listening to and learning from your leaders.
6. Who are the people in your life you’d be wise to listen to? Parents, leaders, teachers, counselors, etc.
Choose an action step question:
1. If you’ve chosen not to listen to a parent or leader in the past, what can you do this week to make it right? Ask for forgiveness, tell them you want to listen to grow wiser, choose to listen even when you’re upset, etc.
2. Who will you listen to this week? Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, thank You for giving us
leaders to teach us. Please help us choose to be wise and listen to them. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Making it Stick :You’ll Need–Leader Says activity supplement. To Do – Listening to your parents is very wise. Let’s play a game about it! Ask mum or dad to play. Give them the game sheet and explain the rules of the game: Give commands from the Leader Says activity, If you say “Mum Says” before a command, the kids obey it. If you don’t say “Mum Says” before a command, the kids ignore it. Kids who make a mistake sit out until only one kid is left. After Kids Play. Ask: How does listening to the leader help in this game? It helps you stay in the game so you can win.
Ask: What do you think you can “win” when you listen to leaders? More wisdom, more responsibility, more trust, etc
2. Family Challenge ‘DIY Wisdom Jars’:See attached sheet.
3. Lego Challenge: Create a scene from the bible story today.