Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Choose an action step question:
1. Name some places where you can set a good example this
week. Answers will vary.
2. How will you set a good example at the places you
named? Answers will vary. See Salt and Light activity sheet
for ideas if needed.
1. How does it help you when you obey the leaders God’s
given you? It pleases God, earns respect and trust, keeps you safe, helps your leaders take care of you, etc.
2. Why do you think it’s better to obey the first time instead of waiting for reminders or consequences? Answers will vary.
3. When good leaders tell you to do something, do you think they’re trying to keep you from having fun, or do they want what’s best for you?
4. If you’ve already disobeyed a lot, what can you do to
get back on the right track? Ask God to help you, apologize, ask your leader to help you, start obeying, look for ways to earn trust, show respect, listen, etc.
1. Name some leaders God gave to you. Answers will vary.
2. What can you do this week to help you obey those
leaders all the time? Pray, remember the Bible verse,
depend on God’s power, spend time with God, think of the
good things that happen when you obey, etc.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, thank You for
giving me good leaders to take care of me. Please help me
to obey them all the time. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Memory Verse Stack: You’ll Need– Colossians 3:20 cup set (1 set of 20 cups with scripture attached.) To Do – Say: I’ve got a challenge for you. Do you think you can stack these cups in order of the Bible verse? Split cups among kids as evenly as possible. Kids stack cups on top of each other in order of the verse, alternating between cups with labels and blank cups, as shown in the diagram. Note: Stacking all 20 cups is probably not possible. Adjust the challenge when your kids start to have trouble. Say: Okay, okay … I’ll take it easy on you. You can make two or three stacks instead of just one. Allows, time your kids to see how fast they can stack the cups in order.
2. Family Challenge ‘Leader May I?’ see sheet attached.