Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
I am famous because God knows me!
Jeremiah 1:5 NLT “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born, I set you apart …”
1. Have you ever felt like no one really knew you? Why did you feel that way? Answers will vary.
2. How can you be famous if you don’t have lots of friends? God—the Creator of the universe—knows me, knows everything about me, and wants me to know Him, too. That’s famous!
3. In the Bible story, why was Nathanael so surprised Jesus knew who he was? Nathanael had never met Jesus before.
1. Once you trust God knows you, you’ll want to get to know Him better! What can you do this week to do that? Read my Bible, pray, sing songs to praise God, spend time being quiet with God, etc.
2. This week, if you feel like no one knows you and you don’t matter to anyone, what can you do to remember you’re famous to God? Read and memorize this week’s Bible verse, pray, talk to a friend who loves God, etc.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank You for knowing us by name, making us, and caring about every single detail of our lives. Please make Yourself just as famous to us as we are to You. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1. Lego Challenge: Create something that represents something special God know about you or Nathaniel sitting under the fig tree!
2.Famous Family: You will need: bible, dress ups, camera. See attached sheet. Tag to @oasischurchperth.com
3. I Am Famous Activity: You will need: glasses template, cardboard, scissors, glitter, stickers, markers Activity: God, the Creator of the universe, actually knows your name and everything about you—you’re FAMOUS! Let’s make some glasses to show how famous each of us are to God!
- Make the star glasses. Draw or write examples of the special things God knows about you on the backside of the glasses.
- Talk as a family about what you think the special things God knows about them if they need it. Ask: Why do you think it’s better to be famous to God than to be famous to people? Answers will vary.