Designate a time and place to sit together and watch the curriculum
Gather with some snacks and a drink and enjoy God together! This week we are finding out about Believers Baptism.If you are interested in finding out more or getting baptised let your small group leader know or contact Next Generation Pastor Kate firstname.lastname@example.org
Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
Jesus gave us a special job: to show others how to follow him.
Acts 1:1-11; Matthew 28:16-20
1. Tell me what happened after Jesus died on the cross and came back to life?
2. Before Jesus went back up to Heaven, he gave his followers a special job, a great command. What was it?
3. How do we become a follower of Jesus? Make the choice. You could say something like this: “Jesus, I have done
wrong things. But I believe you took my punishment and rescued me. I want to
follow you and one day live with you forever.”
4. What does it mean to make disciples?
5. What does it mean to get baptized?
6. Why does Jesus want his followers to get baptized?
7. Why did Jesus give us this command?
1. Who could you tell about Jesus this week?
2. Are you ready to take the Next step in your walk with Jesus? (Say yes to him, be baptized, lead others to Jesus.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God please help me to follow you everyday, making disciples by loving others and telling them about you and how to to follow Jesus. Amen
1.Share the Fun:Give each kid one “jewel”. Have kids sit in circles (in whatever size groups work best for your room) Put the jewels in a pile in the middle of the circle.
Game play: Ask questions about things kids love (below). As soon as they have an answer they want to share, they should grab their jewel. Then go around and let them share if they want. Feel free to ask about their answers or ask why they have a particular favorite. What’s the best movie ever made? Tell me the name of the best band or singer. Which (sports) team is your favorite? What’s the most fun video game? Is school or summer better?
2. Sharing our faith (what we believe about Jesus) can be hard. Let’s talk about some ways to do it. How can we teach others to follow Jesus and obey him?
• Tear off two large sheets of paper and place it in the middle of your group.
• Split kids in two teams
• They should write/draw as many examples as they can think of how they can teach
others to follow Jesus