Say the Point and Verse out loud together.
I’ll worship God only
Luke 4:8 NIV… “‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’”
1. Why do you think the Bible tells us to worship and
serve God only? Answers will vary.
1. What does it mean to worship God? To show God all the love, thankfulness, and respect you have for Him
2. Why were Mike’s shoes an idol? They distracted him and kept him from doing what God wanted him to do.
3. When you’re good at something, does it make you think about how good you are, or how good God is? Answers will vary.
4. When you spend a lot of time on something, do you get distracted or do you still think of God first? Answers will vary.
5. When you really like something, do you keep it to yourself or do you share it with others to show God’s love? Answers will vary.
1. What can you do this week to make God more important to you than anything else? Answers will vary.
2. What are some things you need to stop doing or get rid
of because they’re distracting you from God? Answers
Pray this: God, please help us to
put You first and worship You only. In Jesus’ name, amen!
To Do-1. Place butcher paper strip in the middle of your group. 2. Write G O D in huge letters in the middle of the sheet. Ask: What are some of your favorite things? What do you really love to do? Draw or write about it on this paper.
3. Kids draw or write things they love and love to do on
the butcher paper. Say: God gave us all of these things, and that’s good! But when do you think these things turn into idols? 4. Kids respond with their ideas. Say: When the things you love are more important to you
than God, they’re idols. Let’s make sure God is most
important in our lives and that all our worship is for Him! 5. Work together to make the huge G-O-D on the paper thicker, bigger, and the more colorful. 6. If time allows, write, “God,” in all the spaces on the paper and draw or write different ways to worship Him.
2. Family Challenge ‘Idols’ see sheet attached.
3. Preparing for Prayer and Fasting Season– This is also a good time to talk as a family about what each of you might like to fast over our 2 weeks prayer and fasting season.It might be one of those things from the list. It does not need to be food, it could be the play station, sweets, TV and replace it with time with God individually or as a family.