Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
Be wise. Ask God for wisdom!
James 1:5 NIRV If any of you need wisdom, ask God for it. He will give it to you. …
1. Why do you think God will give you wisdom when you
ask for it? Answers will vary.
1. What is wisdom? Choosing God’s way over your own
2. The Bible story was about Solomon. Who was He? The
wise king who ruled God’s people a LONG time ago.
3. Do you think wisdom is as valuable as gold, fame,
power, and anything else Solomon could have asked
for? Why or why not? Answers will vary.
4. Do you have to wait until you don’t know what to do to
ask God for wisdom, or can you ask Him for it every
day? Every day
5. The knight in the show remembered to “Pause, Pray,
and Pick.” What does that mean? When you need to
make a decision, stop, ask God what to do, and then make your decision.
Choose an action step question:
1. What are you going to ask God for wisdom about this
week? Answers will vary.
2. What can you do this week to help you remember to
ask God for wisdom? Answers will vary.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank You for Your promise to give us wisdom. Please remind us this week to
ask You for it. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Making it Stick :You’ll Need-Small paper bag, Eye stickers, God’s Wisdom label, Markers
Steps- Let’s make a puppet to help us remember that God
gives us His wisdom when we ask Him for it. 1. Give each kid a paper bag, two eye stickers, and a God’s Wisdom label. 2. Kids lay flattened bag upside down and create a face on the crease with markers and eye stickers: 3. Kids stick a God’s Wisdom label on back of puppet. 4. Kids use puppets to ask and answer questions on label. 5. If time allows, kids decorate the rest of the puppet.
2. Family Challenge ‘Ask God’:See attached sheet.
3. Lego Challenge: Create something using the Lego that reminds you, to ask God for wisdom everyday.