1 Peter 4:19 NLT … trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you.
When I P.R.A.Y., I YIELD to God’s will.
1. What would you do if you were the one who wielded ultimate
2. What would you wear if you were the king or queen of the
3. What do you think Clint’s Jump Back Machine does?
1. Why didn’t Emily and Mike want to listen to Alyssa and let
her have all the power? Alyssa wanted everything to be her
way. She did not think about what was best for everyone.
2. Why is it different when we let God have all the power? You
can trust God’s plans because He does care about you and
knows what is best for everyone.
3. How did Alyssa feel when she tried to have power over
everyone? She felt good for a little bit because she was the
boss. Later she felt bad. She found out she was hurting her
friendships because she didn’t yield to God and put others
first when she pretended to be the queen.
4. What did Jesus have to yield to God when He prayed?
Jesus chose to obey God’s plan and die on the cross for our
sins even though it would be horribly painful
1. What will you do to yield to God when you pray? I will
remember to tell Him I trust His way even if it is different
from what I want.
2. Letting other people go first is good practice for yielding to
God. What are some things you can do to let other people
go first? I can let others pick snacks first. I can let kids cut
me in line. I can let other kids play with the toys first. I can
let other kids get help first. I can let someone else pick the
television show they want to watch without complaining.
Sometimes I do things my friend’s way instead of mine
Pray this: God, we trust You and yield everything to You. In
Jesus’ Name, Amen.
• God Has the Power activity sheet
• Adhesive jewels
1. Explain: When you pray and yield to God, it’s like telling
Him, “I trust You, God. Your way is the best way!”
2. Give a Yield the Power to God activity sheet.
3. Ask: What do you need to yield to God so you can obey His
plan for you? My life, my choices, my words, my actions, etc.
4. Kids write or draw their answers inside the banners on the
Yield the Power to God activity sheet with markers.
5. Decorate the scepter with markers and jewels.
6. Kids share what they wrote or drew out loud.
7. Explain: The Verse says, … trust your lives to the God who
created you, for he will never fail you. Trust God by yielding
to Him and giving Him power over all the things you wrote on
your activity sheet.