Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
I am accepted because God accepts me!
Ephesians 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
1.When we choose to follow Jesus, God forgives all of our sins, faults, and mistakes. When did God choose to accept us this way? Even before He made the world
2. What’s the best way to find out the truth about who you are? Choose to follow Jesus, and get to know God better
3.What does accepted mean? I am liked. I am part of the group.
4. How did Jesus treat Matthew differently from the way everyone else treated Matthew? Jesus liked Matthew and asked him to be a part of His group, even though everyone else hated Matthew and didn’t want to be around him.
1. Share about a time when you felt left out. What can you do when you feel that way? Read and memorize this week’s Bible verse, remind myself God accepts me even if others don’t, pray to God about it, etc.
2. Think of someone you know who feels left out. What can you do this week to show them that God accepts them? Ask them to be my friend, use kind words with them, tell them what Jesus did for them, invite them to church, etc.
Pray this: God, Thank You for loving us before we loved You. Please show us how loved we are, and help us to love others the way You do. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1. Lego Challenge: Lego Tax Collector
2.Truth Tube: You will need: DIY Truth TUBE template, toilet roll, textures, Tape, scissors.
3. I Am Accepted Activity: You will need: I Am Accepted sheet, adhesive labels, markers. TO DO: Some days you might have bad thoughts, like you’re not good enough for God’s love, or you don’t fit in and no one wants you around. Get a person sheet each and pretend this person is you. Think of a bad thought you’ve had about yourself, and write or draw it inside the person. All of these bad thoughts are lies! That’s NOT who you really are! God’s truth in the Bible says when we make Jesus our leader and ask Him to forgive our sins, we’re made holy and without fault in God’s eyes. We’re accepted by God! Let’s cover up those lies with God’s truth! Write on the sticky label today’s Point: I am accepted because God accepts me. Stick label on top of the lie. Then decorate the person to look like them.