Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Think about something you are thankful for this week or tell Jesus how much you love Him and are thankful for Him in your life. Think about that during worship and speak it out to God. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
Get in sync with God!
James 4:8 NLT
Come close to God, and God will come close to you. …
Who were you created to connect to and be in sync with?
1. What does it mean to be in sync with God? You are so
close to God, you act like Jesus every day.
2. What does it mean to act like Jesus? Talk to people He would talk to, say the words He would say, make the choices He would make, help people He would help, spend time with God like He would, show the fruit of the Spirit, etc.
3. Think about the Bible story. Why is it important for you to stay connected to Jesus the same way branches connect
to a vine? When you stay connected to Jesus, you get to know Him better, and He helps you to live like Him.
1. What are you going to do this week to get in sync with God? Read the Bible, pray, thank God for what He’s done, sing to God, dance for God, think about God, obey God, etc.
2. How can you show God is your closest friend this week? Tell people, act the way Jesus would, talk to God first when you have a problem, thank God for every good thing you see.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Please remind us to connect to You every day, so we can stay in sync with You. Thank You for being our best friend who comes close to us when we reach out to You. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1.Fruit Tree Memory: You will need:scissors, colouring supplies, camera. See attached sheet. Tag to @oasischurchperth.com
2. Come Close: Let’s play a game with these magnets that shows what our Bible verse means.You will need: 2 magnets, memory verse on paper. To Play – Pretend one magnet is God. Show the “God” magnet and place it in the middle. Pretend the other magnet is a person or you! Place the “person” magnet on the floor in front of you, far from the “God” magnet. Ask: What do you think will happen if I move the “person” magnet close to the “God” magnet? Say: Let’s see if you’re right! Say the Bible verse with me while I move the “person” magnet close to the “God” magnet. While you all say the Verse, slowly move the “person” magnet closer to the “God” magnet until they attract one another and click together. Ask: What happens when a person tries to get close to God? God comes close to them.
3. Lego Challenge: Create the fruits of the spirit to remind you to stay connected to Jesus.