This month we’re having a backyard movie party where we’ll be singing songs, playing games, and watching clips from five of our favorite flicks! Each week we’ll learn a new lesson about being good friends from these movies and different Bible stories.
Our featured verse this month is: “A friend loves at all times. They are there to help when trouble comes.” Proverbs 17:17 (NIrV)
You’ll find videos, songs, leader guides, and prep materials below. You will all need access to the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 this week. So grab a bean bag and some pop corn and enjoy together!
Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
I will be a friend who includes others.
“A friend loves at all times. They are there to help when trouble comes.” Proverbs 17:17
1.Why didn’t people like Zacchaeus? (He took more money than heshould)
2. Did Jesus know what Zacchaeus had done? (Yes)
3. Did that affect how Jesus treated Zacchaeus? (No – Jesus still included him)
4. Should you include others like Jesus did? (Yes)
1. What makes it hard to include others?
2. When you face those things that make it hard to include
others. What can you do?
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank you that you are my friend and that I can show your love by being a friend to others.
1. Colouring Sheet: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2
2. : Make Your Own Movie Scene: Draw a Movie scene from the Bible story or from your own life when you have been a good friend.
3. Fast Memory Verse- Have each child choose a word card from the memory verse and turn it over in front of them. Then go around the circle with each child says a word from the verse and get faster and faster.