Say the Point and Verse out loud together:
I am loved because God loves me!
Romans 5:8 But here is how God has shown his love for us. While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
1.Why do you think Jesus died on the cross for us before we asked for His forgiveness? Because He always loved us even before we love Him; Jesus doesn’t just love us because we love Him
- What’s the best way to find out the truth about who you are? Choose to follow Jesus and get to know God better.
2. Have you ever felt like no one loved you? Why did you feel that way
3. What did John call himself when he wrote down his stories about Jesus? The disciple Jesus loved
1. What can you do this week to remind yourself that God loves you? Call myself the disciple Jesus loves, read and memorize this week’s Bible verse, look in the mirror and tell myself, “Jesus loves you,” think about the good things God has done for me, etc.
2. What can you do this week to let people know they can be Jesus’ loved disciple, too? Tell them, help them, invite them to watch church, pray for them, be kind to them.
Ask the children to share things they’d like to pray about. Write your prayer request so you can continue to pray for your family during the week. Pray together, give them a chance to lead the prayer if they want to. Not sure what to pray?
Pray this: God, Thank You for loving us before we loved You. Please show us how loved we are, and help us to love others the way You do. In Jesus’ name, amen!
1. Lego Challenge: Make a heart from your favourite colour. Next Level: create the word I am loved by God on the heart with lego!
2. Door Hanger: You will need: door hanger template, textures, stickers, scissors. To Do In the Bible story, we saw how much Jesus loved His disciple, John. And John knew it. When he wrote about Jesus in the Bible, he called himself, “The disciple Jesus loved.” When you trust and follow Jesus, you are Jesus’ loved disciple, too. Let’s make a craft about that! Get one door hanger template each and five heart stickers or whatever you have. Use markers to write, “Your name is the disciple Jesus loves!” on the door hanger. Decorate the door hanger with heart stickers and drawings, words, and designs about God’s love for you on the door hanger.
2. I am Loved by God cookies – https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/basic-biscuit-dough/a68ca32e-b5c6-44c2-a06f-fed863c90088
3.I Am Loved by God Scavenger Hunt -Cut out heart shapes as many times as you would like on white or colored printer paper . Write the memory verse of BIG POINT on them. Fold the paper hearts in half and hide them. Have someone go and look for the hearts and make the verse.