Help your child engage. Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Need to Know:
A Time To Honour Mums
Remember Verse: Proverbs 31:28 (NIRV) “Her children stand up and call her blessed. Her husband also rises up, and he praises her.”
Today we take some time to honour our mums and other amazing women in our lives.
God, thank you for our mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunties and friends. Thank you that you give us special people in our life to love us and take care of us. We pray that every mother is valued, honoured and cherished today and everyday. In Jesus name, Amen.
1. DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
While your having fun with the activities, here are some discussion questions to talk to your kids about today:
1. What do you love about your mum?
2. How can we honour our mums and other special women in our lives?
3. Why are we all part of God’s family?
1. Colouring sheet – We Honour Mums
2. Mothers Day Card – Give each child a card, fold in half and draw a heart on the front. Then get an adult to make holdes around the outline of the heart. Then wiith a length of bright coloured wool, thread one end of the wool through the card and use a piece of tape to hold the end down on the inside of the card. (If the wool is hard to thread through, use a little tape around the ends of the wool to make it sturdier to thread.) Criss cross threading the wool to all the holes around the edge of the heart shape. Finish by taping the last end of the wool to the inside of the card.
3. Tissue Paper Flower: https://kidfriendlythingstodo.com/tissue-paper-flowers-for-kids-to-make-with-pipe-cleaners/
4. Memorize It- SHOW the Memory Verse Card, and HAVE kids repeat the verse after you several times. Then, USE the back of the Memory Verse Card to practice the verse as a group.