Help your child engage. Worship to the music with your mouth and body. Have fun and enjoy Jesus together!
Need to Know:
Put on (move hands from top of body to toes)
God’s (point up with both hands)
Armor (fists on hips)
“Put on all (move hands from top of body to toes) of God’s (point up with both hands)
armor.” (hands on hips) Ephesians 6:11 (make book with hands)
God, thank You for giving us Your armor that helps us stand strong. Please help us put on Your armor every day. Thank You for our snacks. We love You! In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
1. DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
While your having fun with the activities, here are some discussion questions to talk to your kids about today:
1. Does God want us to put on His armor every day or only one day? (Every day)
2. Does God’s armor make us sleepy or strong? (Strong)
3. How can I pray for you this week?
1. Colouring sheet – Put on God’s Armour!
2. Application Activity –SAY: Today we are going to play a game to help us know all the pieces of God’s armor! SHOW a Bingo Card, and SAY: Each of you will get one Bingo Card. We will have Bingo markers in the middle of our group. I will show you a Card that has a picture on it, and you will look at your Bingo Card to see if you have that picture. Then you will get a marker and put it on top of the picture that matches mine. We are going to play until everyone gets all of their pictures covered up! Let’s get started! GIVE each child one Bingo Card and PLACE Bingo markers in the center of the group. SHOW and READ an Armor Card, and ALLOW kids to respond. Then, ALLOW kids to place a marker on top of the image that matches. CONTINUE until all Armor Cards have been shown and read and kids have placed markers over all images on their Bingo Cards. Then SAY: Great job, friends! On the count of three, let’s all say, “Bingo!” One, two, three! (Everyone will say, “Bingo!”)
That’s it! Now we know how you and I can put on God’s armor every day!
Let me hear you say that after me: (PAUSE to allow kids to repeat)
Put on (move hands from top of body to toes) God’s (point up with both hands)
Armor (fists hands on hips)
3. Memorize It- SHOW the Memory Verse Card, and HAVE kids repeat the verse after you several times. Then, USE the back of the Memory Verse Card to practice the verse as a group. “Put on all (move hands from top of body to toes) of God’s (point up with both hands) armor.” (hands on hips) Ephesians 6:11 (make book with hands)