Need to Know:
The Bible Says (hold out hands like book)
Jesus Is (point up)
In Charge (salute)
Of Everything! (spread arms out wide)
“When you look for me
(unroll pretend map)
with all your heart, (pat
you will find me.” (point
Dear Jesus, thank you for being in charge of everything. I will obey and do what you say. Thank you for my snack. I love you! Amen!
1. DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
While your having fun with the activities, here are some discussion questions to talk to your kids about today:
1. Who was rowing a boat in today’s Bible Story? (Jesus’ disciples)
2. Did the Map tell us that Jesus’ disciples got caught in a snowstorm or a thunderstorm? (Thunderstorm)
3. Who showed the storm that He was in charge of the wind and waves and everything else? (Jesus—He is in charge of everything!)
- Colouring sheet – The Bible says Jesus is in charge of everything!
- Application Activity – 1. Teach kids that Jesus is like our Captain—He’s in charge of everything in our
lives—and this means we should obey Him like the wind and the waves. Tell the kids you’re all going to sing a song from large group to learn different ways we can obey our Captain, Jesus! Lay Treasure Cards in center of group, Treasure Chest side up. Sing each verse from the Song Sheet (with motions), as if you were on a boat. At the end of each verse, STOP & pretend you came upon some treasure. Have a child choose a Treasure Card for you to read aloud.
- Memory Verse – PRACTICE the Remember Verse if time & attention spans allow.
- Craft – Wind Streamers, colour the page and then roll it up and attach streams of coloured paper.
- Role Play– Make a pirate ship out of an old box and a map for your child to go on an adventure exploring the backyard.