Need to Know:
The Bible Says (hold out hands like book)
Jesus (point up)
Died (reach arms out to sides, like cross)
For Me! (thumbs to chest)
“When you look for me
(unroll pretend map)
with all your heart, (pat
you will find me.” (point
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving me so much that you died on the cross for me. Thank you for my snack. I love you! Amen!
1. DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
While your having fun with the activities, here are some discussion questions to talk to your kids about today:
1. Where Jesus’ friends sad when He died? (Yes)
2. What did Jesus friends forget? (Jesus said He would see them again soon)
3. Who is one person you love? Did Jesus die for that person, too? (Yes)
- Colouring sheet – Jesus Does Great Things!
- Application Activity -1.Give each child a Foam Cross. Discuss what shape it is (cross) and who died on the cross (Jesus) for us.
2. Give each child a Heart Sticker. Discuss the shape of the sticker (heart) and what
that shape means (love). 3. Have kids place heart sticker on the top of the foam cross & ask the kids why Jesus died on the cross for them (because He loves them). Ask:Does Jesus love you? (Yes) Yes! That’s why He died on the cross for you! 4. Give each child a “Jesus Died for Me!” Label. Have kids place the label on the middle of the foam cross, then say today’s Need to Know together. 5. Have the kids answer the following questions with their actions: QUESTIONS Do you think Jesus loves you even when you do something wrong? If so, put your cross on your head! Do you think Jesus died to forgive you? If so, put your cross behind your back! Do you think we should tell Jesus “sorry” when we do something wrong? If so,
put your cross on your lips! Do you think Jesus loves you & died for you? If so, put your cross on your heart!
- Memory Verse – PRACTICE the Remember Verse if time & attention spans allow.
- Craft – Sticky Cross sheet attached