A Time to Honour Fathers
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Give thanks no matter what happens. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17
Dear Jesus, thank you for loving me! Help me to love others and to honour my Dad! In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen!
While your having fun playing, talk to your kids about today:
1. What happened to the son in the story?
2. How did the Father respond when he returned?
3. What do you love about your Dad?
- Colouring sheet – Honour our Fathers
- Craft ‘A Bunch of Flowers’- Supplies: Flower Picture, Glue, Green Pipe Cleaners, Patty Pans, Pom Poms, Foam Bug Stickers, Coloring Utensils. Instructions- 1.Glue three Pipe Cleaners onto picture to make flower stems. Note: For younger children, stems could be drawn on picture with green marker. 2. Glue Patty Pans at the top of each pipe cleaner. 3. Glue Pom Poms inside each “flower”. 4. Stick Foam Bug Stickers around flowers. 5. Color around flowers—grass, sun, clouds, etc.
- What is the name of someone you love?
- What is something special you do together?
- Do you think this special person will love this present you made for him/her?