I (thumbs point to self) Am Special (hug self) To Jesus! (point up)
Mark 12:30 “Love (cross hands over chest) the Lord your God…” (point up with both hands)
Jesus, thank you for making us SO special, and thank you for our snacks. In Jesus’ name we pray, Amen!
While your having fun playing, talk to your kids about today:
- Have you ever been to a fun park? What was your favorite ride/game?
- Who did we meet at the Park today? (Zany Lainey, Flip & Zip)
- When Jesus saw Zacchaeus in the tree, what did Jesus say to him? (Zacchaeus, come down. I want to go to your house.)
Zacchaeus was special to Jesus and so are YOU! Say this with me: I (thumbs point to self) Am Special (hug self) To Jesus! (point up)
Do you know anyone else who is special to Jesus? (Mom, dad, friend, sibling, EVERYONE!)
- Colouring sheet – I am special to Jesus
- I am Special to Jesus Pennant: Supplies: Glue Sticks Pennant , “I Am Special To Jesus” Strip, Large Colored Popsicle Stick, Tape, Coloring Utensils, Decorations.
Instructions: 1.Glue an “I Am Special To Jesus” Strip on pennant. 2.Tape a Large Colored Popsicle Stick onto bottom of long side of pennant. 3.Color & decorate pennant using decorations.
Conversation Questions: Tell me what is special about your pennant!, Did you know that YOU are super special to Jesus?! He created you to be the special boy/girl that you are!, What is something that makes you special?
- Game “You are Special”- Jesus knew all about Zacchaeus. Ask kids the following: Does Jesus know all about you? (Yes) Jesus knows all about you and thinks you are very special! Now stand up and play the game (Play like Simon says). Read the statements from You Are Special Card aloud, have fun as they respond.At the end say, we all look different, and we are all good at different things. That’s because Jesus made us special. This reminds us; Say together : I (thumbs point to self) Am Special (hug self)To Jesus! (point up)