Need to Know:
Jesus Is Alive
Bible Story: Jesus’ Death & Resurrection (John 12:12-15; Luke 22-24)
Dear Jesus, I am so excited that You are alive! Thank You for loving me, and thank You for my snack. I love You. Amen.
While your having fun playing talk to your kids about today.
SAY: I have a special egg with something hidden inside. (SHOW and SHAKE surprise egg.) When the egg comes to you, I want you to tell me what you think is inside the egg.
PASS the egg, and ALLOW kids to say what they think is inside the surprise egg.
After everyone has guessed what is inside the surprise egg, SAY:
– You all had some EGG-cellent guesses! Let?s find out what is inside. (OPEN the
surprise egg and SHOW Jesus.)
– Who do you think this is? (Jesus)Yes!
–Why do you think Jesus is inside of our egg?(ALLOW responses.)
– Jesus is inside of this egg because Easter is all about Him! Every year we celebrate
how Jesus died on the cross and came back to life! We can be happy at Easter
because Jesus is alive!
Let me hear you say that after me: (PAUSE to allow kids to repeat )
Jesus Is (point up)
Alive (wave hands)
- Colouring sheet – Jesus is ALIVE!
- Memory Verse – PRACTICE Remember Verse (on left), if time & attention spans allow.