While your having fun playing talk to your kids about today.
1. In the Bible Story today, did the men have to HELP their friend or RUN away from their friend? (They had to help their friend)
2. Did the four men GIVE UP when they couldn’t get their friend in the front door to see Jesus? (No) That’s right! They worked hard to HELP their friend meet Jesus!
3. How can you be a good friend to others? (Allow responses.)
- Colouring sheet – I Can Be a Good Friend!
- POPCORN Toss – TELL kids that we are going to practice being a good friend just like the friends in the Bible story. PLACE Popcorn Bucket in the center of the group, with Popping Pictures inside the bucket. Allow each child to TOSS Ball into the Popcorn Bucket. Move bucket closer to child, if needed. Allow child to PICK a Popping Picture from bucket. READ corresponding question from Popcorn List, and allow kids to respond. PLAY until each child has had a turn or as time allows. Then SAY: Just like it was sometimes hard to get the ball into the Popcorn Bucket, sometimes it is hard work being a good friend.
Helping others and using kind words are just two ways you can be a good friend! If you think you can be a good friend to everyone you meet, let me hear you say this after me:
I Can Be (thumbs to chest)
A Good (two thumbs up)
Friend! (give high five)