Be A Hero (fists on hips)
Like Moses! (make X with arms)
Philippians 4:13 (hold up four fingers)“I can do (thumbs to chest) all things (spread hands up and around) through Christ, (point up) who gives me strength.” (show muscles)
1. What is one thing that is hard for you to do? (Ex: ride a bike, write name, remember to put away cup, hula hoop, share toys, play a game, etc.)
2. Should you give up and just stop trying? (No) You can do it because God can help you!
Colouring sheet – I can be a hero like Moses!
Game-“Leap Tall Buildings!”
1. Lay out Building Cards in a hopscotch pattern.
2. Scatter People Cards at the “Finish”.
3. Explain that we’re going to practice being superheroes who do not give up as we try to “leap tall buildings” and “rescue” the people at the end!
4. Allow each child to hop to the end of the hopscotch pattern, pick up one
People Card, and hop back to start.
5. Read the child’s People Card aloud, and allow kids to respond.
6. Continue until everyone has had a turn or until all cards are read.
Supplies: Scissors, Craft Rolls, Labels, Glue Sticks, Markers, Decorations.
1.Cut two Craft Rolls (“Superhero Cuffs”) lengthwise (see sample) and give to child to decorate.
2.Write name on inside of Superhero Cuffs.
3.Give child a Label to put on each Superhero Cuff, and read the label aloud. Tell kids that’s what we’re learning today!
4.Allow kids to glue & decorate Superhero Cuffs using Washable Markers and Decorations.
Do you think superheroes ever feel like giving up?
Have you ever tried to do something hard and felt like giving up?
Do you know who can give you the super power to never give up? (Jesus!)