When I’m scared (scared face) God (point up) Helps me!(extend hands, palms up)
Psalm:34:4 “I Prayed to the Lord and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears.”
reca RWhile your having fun playing, talk to your kids about today:
- What is something that you want to do all by yourself but you still need help with?
- What do you do when you feel scared to ask for help?
- Who can you ask for help when you feel scared? (God)
- Was Zingo Monster scared to get in trouble if he asked for help today? (Yes) Did Agent True tell Zingo that asking for help is the right thing to do? (Yes)
1. Colouring sheet -When I am scared God helps me!
2. Pretend Play: Use a sheet draped over a table to create a tent. Use blocks to outline a fire pit and build a fire in the middle using the cardboard tubes and tissue paper. Invite them to play in the campsite. Children can play in the tent and pretend to cook over the campfire. Recall how God helped Gideon.
3. Monster Picture- Materials needed: God helps me sheet, star stickers, Monster pictures. Activity: GIVE each child a God Helps Me Sheet. SHOW & READ each Monster Picture aloud and place in correct color Star Sticker on each monster’s star outline. After kids have placed the Star Stickers on their Sheet, SAY the following: God helped BUST our monsters’ fears & He wants to HELP you, too! You can be a FearBuster by praying to ask God for HELP when you are scared! Our monster friends can help us remember (have kids repeat after you): When I’m Scared (make scared face), God (point up) Helps Me! (extend hands, palms up).