I Can (thumbs to chest) Celebrate (wave both hands high) Jesus (both hands point up)
2 Corinthians 9:15: Thanks be to God for his gift that is too wounderful for words!’
Dear God, thank You for sending us Jesus! He is the best gift ever! We celebrate Him!
Thank You for our snacks. We love You! Amen.
While your having fun playing talk to your kids about today.
1. Today is a very special day, because we are celebrating someone special! Do you know who we celebrate at Christmas? (ALLOW responses)
2. Who do we celebrate at Christmas? (Jesus)
3. Who gave us the gift of Jesus? (God)
4. Do you like to celebrate Jesus by opening presents or eating cookies? (ALLOW responses)
5. Can you celebrate Jesus on Christmas morning by singing “Happy Birthday” to Him? (Yes)
1. Colouring sheet -I can celebrate Jesus
2. Birthday Cupcake –SUPPLIES: Cupcake picture, water paints, cupcake patty, label that says Happy Birthday Jesus and glitter. DO: A. Give each child a picture of a cupcake, coloured patty pan and a label that says “Happy Birthday Jesus”! SAY: Can you celebrate Jesus by telling Him happy birthday? (Yes) Let’s say, “Happy Birthday Jesus,” as we put a sticker on the bottom of our cupcakes! (Everybody says, “Happy Birthday Jesus.” Next, let’s stick the icing on using some water paint. SAY: Can you celebrate Jesus by making yummy treats with your family? (Yes) Yes, because Jesus is the sweetest gift ever! SAY: Can we celebrate Jesus by singing, “Happy Birthday,” to Him? (Yes) Yes! Let’s sing that together as you use the stickers to decorate your special cupcake! SING “Happy Birthday” to Jesus as a group, allowing kids to use the cupcake decoration stickers to decorate their cupcake papers. Afterwards, SAY: Your cupcakes look delicious! When you get home, you can hang your cupcake paper up to help you remember to celebrate Jesus!