God (point up) Has A Plan (both thumbs up) For Me! (thumbs point to self)
Mark 12:30 “Love (cross hands over chest) the Lord your God…” (point up with both hands)
While your having fun playing, talk to your kids about today:
1. What did Flip & his mom PLAN on doing in the park today? (Riding the Crazy Coaster over and over again) That was a good plan!
2. When they found out the Crazy Coaster was closed, did they make a plan to play with something while they waited? (Yeah! A slinky!)
3. That was a good plan, too! Are all of GOD’S plans good? (Yes!)
- Colouring sheet – God Has a Plan For Me!
- Balloons: Supplies: Balloon Strings Picture,Glue Sticks, Balloon Foam Shapes (or cut out paper in shape of balloons and colour), Scissors, Yarn, Coloring Utensils.
Instructions: Steps- 1.Glue a Balloon Foam Shape to the end of string on picture. 2.Cut (child can help if able) yarn the length of the strings in the picture. 3.Trace strings on picture with glue, then lay yarn on top of strings. 4.Color picture—add clouds, sunshine, birds, etc. Conversation Questions: What did you make today? Did you have fun making this picture we PLANNED for you today? What was your favorite part? Did you know that God has a plan for you?
3. Game: “Zany Lainey Says” – When you says “Zany Lainey says…” then kids will follow plan. If leader does not say “Zany Lainey says…” then kids will not follow plan. Have kids put on their “Special Spring Town eyes” (Shookum, shookum!) & click on their “listening ears” (Click, click!). PLAY “Zany Lainey Says” using suggested actions or any of choice:
- Run through the park (in place)
- Ride a roller coaster
- Spin like a Tea Cup Click on your listening ears
- Eat popcorn Shoot a basketball
- Tilt to the side on the Tilt-a-Whirl
- Jump in the Bouncy House
- Duck down low
- Say 3-2-1-Action!
- Lick an ice cream cone Wave to Zingo
- Fly like an airplane Eat cotton candy
- Buckle your seatbelt for the bumper cars
- Wave your arms up high
- God (point up)
- Has A Plan (both thumbs up)
- For Me! (thumbs point to self)
EXPLAIN Great job using your ears and eyes to play the game. Did yo know that we can use our eyes and ears to follow God’s plan, too. We use our eyes to read about his plan in the Bible and our ears to hear His plans when we pray. REPEAT what we Need to Know today together: God (point up) Has A Plan (both thumbs up) For Me! (thumbs point to self)
4. Beanbag Toss—Place small group bin in the middle of group. Allow kids to toss the beanbag into the bin!